Team collaboration tools enable you to communicate opinions, share data, or transfer knowledge. Thanks to these platforms, remote work is commonplace now. The overnight transition of the physical working model to a remote work setup was also possible. The minor difference between collaboration platforms and team tools is that the latter work in real-time. In this article at TechTarget, Margaret Rouse discusses the features, types, benefits, and challenges of team collaboration tools.
Using Team Collaboration Tools
Find out the features, types, benefits, and drawbacks of these tools before working on any:
The majority of the team collaboration tools offer features more than you would ever use. Ideally, you should have basic features like task management, documentation, and project management. You can also avail of video calls, client-centric services, and live sharing per your team requirements.
People use team collaboration tools chiefly for file sharing, instant messaging, and meeting invites. You can also use them for uploading data in the cloud, whiteboarding, sharing documents, and video calls.
- Remote team communication
- Centralized updates, communication, and information exchange
- Easy to share files and feedback
- Safe records of all types of communication
- Greater visibility to team performance
- Better team bonding and engagement
- Enhanced productivity
- Increased bottlenecks due to poorly defined KPIs
- Reduction in collaboration and knowledge sharing
- No team or project transparency
- Low morale caused by negative people
- Siloed work environment
- Deadline overshooting due to leadership indecisions
The above pointers show that it ultimately depends on the team’s spirit to make it work. While one department will utilize the team collaboration tools to enhance performance, another will leverage the same to evade responsibilities. There are several popular applications in this category, like Slack, Google Hangouts, Dropbox, and Skype for Business. Find out which ones your team prefers and why.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://searchunifiedcommunications.techtarget.com/definition/team-collaboration-tools