2021 IT support would be different than last year because the focus is chiefly on staff empowerment and engagement. Organizations want to optimize service channels available currently through chats, self-service, and automation. In this article at ITSM.tools, Stephen Mann shares how 2021 IT support focuses on enabling employees.
2021 IT Support Trends
Tools are not sufficient for employee empowerment. It is about fulfilling what your employees require to serve the customers well. Here are the factors to improve your employee experience from facilitating a better 2021 IT support in the organization:
Trends to Follow
- Never assume that all will adapt to the new tools and policies once you implement them. Make 2021 IT support about the employees and not just about revenues. Increase the chance of value addition by adopting an employee-friendly approach.
- Do not invest in self-service portals for cost savings. Studies indicate that you will reap benefits when you install the portals for the employees. Let them take it up on their own volition, and you will see the revenues pouring in.
- You must let go of the legacy systems and conventional ways of working. Not because other organizations are doing the same but for the employees. The changes that you want must be for the benefit of the staff.
- It should not be mandatory for the staff to use the self-service portals. They should need those. If they are more productive using emails and chats, let them be. 2021 IT support is about employee satisfaction; keep that in mind.
- Automation and self-help strategies would not work without your employees learning how to utilize them. Prioritize the capabilities first before the tools and techniques. It should benefit them once they know how to handle it.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://itsm.tools/it-supports-required-evolution-empower-employees-2021/