As usual, you submitted your 2021 IT service desk plans in September or October of 2020. It was riskier than expected, given the increasing volatility in the industry. You might have even worked on two, with and without the pandemic mayhem. In his blog article, Joe the IT Guy prepares you for 2021 IT service desk management operation.
2021 IT Service Desk Roadmap
Creating a roadmap for the 2021 IT service desk is quite uncertain since the world is still grappling with the after-effects of the coronavirus. Plans might vary from country to country and company to company. Additionally, the majority of your workforce and clients are still working from home, so you must digitally support them.
Nonetheless, organizations will want to cut corners wherever possible to improve ROI and concentrate on new product and service launches. Priorities will be redefined on occasion, and projects might win or lose support per the business’ requirements. More layoffs and resource overtime will become normal. However, projects and operations will be the focus of any organization to generate enough ROI and produce deliverables on time. These sudden moves will also reflect on IT service support because you will not know what lies ahead for the team.
Here is how you should prepare for 2021 IT service desk management, including the variables:
Dealing with Variables
- Accept that the 2021 IT service desk roadmap will not have any resemblance to the past business model.
- Frequently evaluate plans and budgets.
- You must carefully analyze your business imperatives and initiation spending.
- Understand your cost model to derive business value for the 2021 IT service desk roadmap.
- Prioritize projects with quick returns to maintain cost reduction and redirect operational funding.
- Be sure to face sudden business challenges amidst the unpredictable economic landscape.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.joetheitguy.com/it-service-desk-planning-for-2021s-new-normal/